Shepherds Plant Based Pie
This recipe was really hard for us to share with you... It's a bit of a secret! Our Plant Based Mince really shines in this dish... absorbing all those amazing ingredients for rich and 'meaty' flavour. Can't believe it's not beef!
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 100G Flexible Foods Pure Plant Based Mince
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 Large onion
- 2 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 400ML Stock
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 5 - 6 large Potatoes
- Butter / Nuttelex
- Herbs (Dill is a great accompaniment)
- Preheat a deep dish pot to a medium heat. Add a dash of oil, 100G Flexible Foods plant based mince, 400ML stock, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until browning.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic and turmeric to the pot. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce and cook through for 2 minutes.
- Add red wine, bring to the boil and reduce the mix until the liquid is of a gravy-like consistency. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut all the potatoes, bring another deep pot to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Add mince mix to a deep dish baking tray. Mash the potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, herbs, and a dash of hot water. Add mashed potato to top of mince mix.
- Top with cheese and cook for 10-15 minutes until top is golden brown and serve.